Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sous-Chef






Today, Leo and I made vanilla ice cream with mini M&M's. (Don't worry, I stood next to him the entire time.) I made the custard last night. Leo helped churn the ice cream and added the candy all by himself this morning. We learned two valuable lessons - 1) the candy needs to be added at the absolute last minute, not just close to the end, or your ice cream will turn brown, and 2) don't set the candy in front of your sous-chef until the moment it needs to be added! But we also discovered that brown ice cream with a few less M&M's still tastes pretty good. Leo was able to get a first taste by licking the beater and hopefully, by dinner the finished product will be ready. Mmmm.......!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Why is it always so much fun at your house???!!

xxooxxoo's to you Big guy...........